Are you like me and shocked that summer is halfway over? Where did all the sun go? One moment it was still long pants and sweatshirts, and then we were in insta-heatwave! I went from months of unemployment to jumping into a full time executive job! Since I’m back to my precious 2 days off a week, I’ve compiled a “To Do” list of fun summer activities!
Care to join me?
51 Things To Do Before Summer’s Over
1. Sleep In – Be a bum.
2. Find a new TV show.
There’s not a lot of worthwhile shows on TV now, but you can learn what is out there by reading Tiffany A. White’s blog. Use the downtime to check out a new TV series you’ve been meaning to watch and haven’t. I rent all mine from the Public Library, but their available to rent or stream for free on many online sites as well. Some of my favorite shows ever: Dexter, Six Feet Under, True Blood, Desperate Housewives, The Vampire Diaries, The United States of Tara, Ugly Betty, Big Love, The L Word, and Weeds. What am I watching this summer? Tiffany and Julie Glover just got this girl addicted to Pretty Little Liars.
3. Hit the beach. (Or river, lake, pond near you)
5. Make a summer music playlist comprised of tunes that remind you of picnics, vacations, and driving with the windows down.
6. Get crafty.
Piper Bayard made her own Grumpy Cat for a blog giveaway. Read all about it here!
7. Write a letter to someone you haven’t talked to in awhile.
8. Drink ice tea.
9. Take a mini road trip. Try a restaurant out of town or go to one of those places you pass by on billboards all the time.
11. Have a water balloon fight.
12. Go hiking. Find a view.
14. Go out for ice cream at a sweet shoppe.
15. Cut your hair short (or try a new ‘do).
16. Laze away in a hammock.
17. Take a class you’ve always wanted to. Yoga? Salsa dancing? Zumba?
18. Catch up on summer reading.
Writer/blogger Patricia Sands is partnering up with some amazing writers to offer their books for FREE now thru August 15th! Check out the available titles and stock up here!
Want to win a FREE paperback from my shelf to yours? Check out my book giveaway HERE!
19. Throw a theme party. See some of my faves below.
- Make your own hat
- The Beatles – Dress as a band member or song lyric
- 80′s Night
- Non-Traditional Student Prom
20. Go camping.
22. Complain about the weather.
My comedian friend, Todd Youngman, shared this video with me and I’m still laughing! For more laughs, check out his facebook page! He’s really good at silly comments and photoshop. Once found a picture of him riding a unicorn! Are you jelly? (that’s slang for jealous)
23. Look at the stars.
24. Concerts in the park.
25. Celebrate the weird National Holidays.
- August 1st: National Friendship Day & National Raspberry Cream Pie Day
- August 6th: National Wiggle Your Toes Day
- August 8th: National Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Night
- August 13th: National Blame Someone Else Day
- August 17th: National Thrift Shop Day
- August 19th: National Potato Day
- August 25th: National Kiss and Make up Day
- August 30th: National Toasted Marshmallow Day
26. Attend a baseball game.
27. Have a clothes swap. Or donate your clothes to charity.
28. Start a secret society. (The first rule about secret societies is you don’t talk about secret societies.)
30. Go to the library.
31. Write a novel.
32. Play a board game.
33. Wear sunscreen.
34. Sing a song. Or write one!
35. Do something with those photos stockpiled on your camera. Buy a collage frame or album and show them off!
36. Meet Peachez. She’s a celebrity! She has more followers than I do.
37. Give yourself a mantra. Tell yourself you’re beautiful at least once a day.
38. Showcase some zany lawn art.
40. Have an adventure. Bring your camera.
41. Host a sleepover. Make pizza. Stay up late.
43. Stay cool indoors by watching YouTube videos that make you laugh.
45. Quote movie lines.
46. Take a bath or long shower.
47. Jump on a trampoline. Hoolahoop. Booga Booga.
48. Host your own American Gladiators Tournament.
49. Take a walking tour. Check your library or historical society for local tours.
50. Go bowling.
51. Go to a midnight movie premier.
What other fun ideas do you want to do this summer?