I know, it’s been awhile. I’ve been a naughty blogger. I didn’t post at all last week cause I was sick with a cold and pretty much had no idea what to write about. I did get some work done on my book though, which is good and bad. Good – because my goal is to be a published, professional writer. But bad – or maybe more accurately sad, because I missed you all and felt guilty for ignoring you in favor of sweatpants, Echinacea, kleenex, and the Harry Potter marathon that was on all day Saturday.
Which leads me to an update. As much as I hate to say it, and I really do, I’ll be cutting my posts back to once a week. I have to focus on edits right now, and I need the extra time to get them done. There’s going to be a lot of this going on…
I will have some awesome guest bloggers joining me next month so stay tuned for guest posts from animal expert Amy Shojai and mystery writer extraordinaire Kathy Owen – both of whom have new books coming out! Holla!
In procrastinating writing a new blog post, I perused my recent blog stats page to see what amazing search terms led people to my blog.
You know what I learned?
I’m apparently writing an educational blog series!
I mean, people are popping over here to learn all kinds of information. Just in the last 30 days, here’s a list of topics I’ve been their go to source for:
- Mount Rushmore holes in eyes – um, ok
- how to do the Peanuts dance – well sure
- dino erotica – this will not be on next year’s syllabus
- Barret Oliver
- what defined the 80’s
- things to blog about that start with ‘S’ – don’t ask me about the letter ‘E’, I have no idea!
- do older ouija boards work better – I don’t know, I don’t plan to touch one ever again.
wicked musical party supplies – I’m better with Oscar parties.
- reports of vampire attacks in 2013
- claimed vampire attacks in 2013
- covered up vampire attacks
- vampire attacks – For. Realz.
- missing your dad who died from positive quotes – I have a question for you, how does one die from the power of affirmation phrases?
- travel necessities in Korea
- how long does it take for a tarot reading to come true
- how many nominations did The Hobbit get
I’m so pleased I could be your reference on so many broad topics. I shall strive to elaborate and educate on many more in 2014.
Now, raise those hands. Who’s got a topic they want to talk about in class?