Surely this day would never come. Me, get a stylish blogger award? And it happened without me having to bargain for it! I mean no one was trapped under something heavy, or starving, or having an allergic reaction, or unable to zip their pants on their own! It just happened! Woohoo! I always new I was stylish!
So how did this eighth wonder of the world occur? It’s all thanks to Mckenzie at the Unabridged Girl. Always so supportive and genuine, her blog is like checking in with your bff to see what’s up. She shares her struggles, so you ask if you can buy her some chocolate, when she is consumed with sweets, she writes flash fiction, shares writing quirks, and tales of friendship. Thanks Mckenzie, it’s always fun to read your blog!
If I am understanding this blogger award thing correctly, it’s the new century’s popular way of sending a chain letter, right? Only I don’t have to pay any money to a cause that helps gorillas in a zoo or buy girl scout cookies. I can handle that. I do have to share with you some tidbits you might not know about me though. I’ll try to make them interesting.
- I think croutons are a perfectly acceptable snack.
- The sun hates me. I literally break out into hives if I don’t wear SPF 80. Although once, it happened in my childhood bedroom, and the only light on was a nightlight. Nature vs. Jess vs. Nurture?
- I loved the french film, Amelie, so much when I saw it, I rewound it (dvds weren’t out yet), and watched it all over again immediately.
- I love graveyards and walk through them as much as possible. On occasion, I’ve been known to tamper with some graves, but I swear it’s always respectfully. I think graveyards are full of stories.
5. I’m more beatnik than hippy someone told me. I’m quite liberal, I believe in being environmentally friendly, I am pro-diversity, I like to write and listen to music. But, I’m more content with a cup of coffee in my hand than a joint. 🙂
6. In high school, my favorite musician was Tori Amos and I have all her albums! One year for my birthday, my best friends decorated my locker with the lyrics from Raspberry Swirl. They rock! If interested, my new favorite singer is Serena Ryder, she’s pretty rocker!
7. Audio books have become my new favorite way to multi-task. I listen to them while I get ready in the morning or drive home sometimes. I find them especially wonderful when reading a book centered around a different culture or country. I like hearing a native speaker read it aloud, I can appreciate the voice of the characters more this way.
And now, to award the Stylish Blogger Award to some of my favorite bloggers:
Mark My Words: Mark is my go to guy for a laugh and a Portland, OR fix. If you love to laugh or love Portland and miss it like I do, you will get along well with Mark.
Mostly Bright Ideas: Charles is my role model wannabee. He writes eloquent, succinct prose and makes it look so easy I want to slap him, but I won’t because his writing is too damn good. Suck it, Charles! You’re amazing!
Conjuring My Muse: Margaret Reyes Dempsey is my roommate in a parallel life. So Madge, (I’m nicknaming you), it’s your turn to buy the TP!
Whenquiet’s Blog: Living my dream life in France and writing beautiful, moving poetry, she knows how to instill peace in her readers. I always find beauty in her blog.
Happy reading and writing!