While I hope, dear readers, you all immediately recognized the title of this blog as a quote from the fabulous Dr. Frank-N-Furter from Rocky Horror Picture Show, but in case not all of you may have seen it, please, go rent it right now! I have a copy, I’ll lend it to you. Better yet, go to a screening in a theater and bring toast and hot dogs, you’ll catch on when you get there! 😉
Why did this quote come to mind on a monday, Jess? And what do a bunch of transvestites creating a well-chiseled love God have to do with writing, or real life for that matter? Glad you asked!
You see, first off Dr. Frank-N-Furter is a man with a plan. And, like any
writer inventor, he has a story a tell. It just so happens his story is about rescuing an engaged couple by helping them release their most secret desires in his mansion/trannie love cave and while they’re there he just so happens to be creating the perfect man who doesn’t speak and is well-toned and wears gold underwear and nothing else (This is Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s dream man, not mine). However, *spoiler alert* his wickedly wonderful plan is all put to an end when his “friends,” Magenta and Rif Raf turn out to be aliens that take over the whole lot. Muahahahaha!
Ok, now as to why I’m shivering with Antici…pation! I feel good about what I’ve accomplished in my writing journey thus far. I am
finished, making word count goals, meeting all deadlines, editing successfully improving.
- I have attended two book club meetings since I began this blog.
- I ordered Kristen Lamb’s book, We Are Not Alone, and let’s face it, she’s THE literary genius of publishing in the new millenium. http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com (Will link to her blog as soon as WordPress is running smoothly. Momentarily the linking feature, or my computer, is working only as well as a loaf of bread. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.)
- I submitted one page of my story and one poem for a writing contest.
- I will be submitting to another poetry/photography contest in town deadline May 1st.
- I sent my 15 pages to Kristen Lamb for critique on Friday! *Gulp*
- I am enrolled in and going to the Writers Institute in Madison THIS WEEKEND!!! Yay! (Big shout out of appreciation to Kristen Lamb and Clay from Educlaytion (link posted when WordPress, or my computer, work better than a box of sticks) for posting about their experiences at writing conferences, great reference material, thanks a million!
I’ll be the first to say I have LOTS to still work on, but honestly, it’s the GETTING INVOLVED part that has boosted my energy and passion and commitment to writing. I haven’t had that the last couple of years, so these simple steps are a GOOD THING. And I’m practically doing the TIME WARP to learn more! *sings* Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, what keeps you wriiiiiiting?!
What does keep you on task and passionate at the same time?
And just for giggles: