One of the most beautiful things I got to see while vacationing in Toronto, Ontario was Niagara Falls. The full falls is comprised of three waterfalls: The American Falls, the smaller chute, Bridal Veil Falls, and the massive Canadian Horseshoe Falls. The mist is so heavy, it rises up past the falls and over the railings where we stood watching. Powerful, breathtaking, and magical.
Hello, I’m Jess.
Jess Witkins claims the title Perseverance Expert. From party crashing as an Oops Baby to paving her way through pop culture, Jess explores it all. Her special skills include: Pretending to be an orphan, severe allergic reactions to the sun, hanging out in coffee shops, and quoting movie lines from the Oscar winning film, Spaceballs. ;)
- Yes, I’m Still Making Mixtapes. What Songs Should I Add?
- Shake Your Groove Thing: 2020 Playlists Revealed
- Mixtape Madness: Share Your Song Suggestions
- Let’s Talk: Racism and Mental Health
- You Can Dance If You Want To: New Playlists and Giveaway Winners Announced
- Let’s Make a Mixtape. Share Your Favorite Song Suggestions.
- Anthony Bourdain Day: What the Chef, Author, and Travel Guide Means to Me
- Turn Up the Volume: New Playlists Revealed
- What’s On Your Playlist? The 2018 Mixtape Kickoff
- Worth Reading? Some of the Most Buzzed About Self Help Books
Join 3,870 other subscribers
Follow On Twitter:
- @ericsmithrocks @ashposton Andre Aciman, @WandaMo14, @TheBloggess, @neilhimself, @laurienotaro, @wiscobutler,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Gotta stay hydrated when writers conferencing. This is why Midwest conferences are the best. #SconnieInSota… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @AnAmberAuthor I feel… called out. Was it… was it my ground hive five? What gave me away? https://t.co/luZGPxzZBF 2 days ago
- In good news, I get to host my incredibly talented friend @maggieginsberg for a reading and writing workshop this m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- Honestly, I’m with the chair people. 🤓 twitter.com/FakeLibStats/s… 4 months ago
WOW! Great pictures, Jess! I’ve never been there but I’m sure I’ll see the falls in person some day. I bet the sound is REALLY loud as well! Those falls have always impressed me with how powerful and awesome they appear and being in the boat must have been unreal. Thank you for sharing your photos. I’ve never seen any so close up before.
So fun! The falls are loud and the mist is heavy and blows over the railing. Hope you get there!
Gorgeous! That’s something I’d love to see. So I’m guessing y’all went on the boat that goes up to the falls. What was that like? Was it scary up close?
It definitely highlights their power! LOL. It was wet. Niagara Falls messed up my hair. But it was totally fun, we met up with a family from New York and chatted and shared picture taking duties with each other. It’s crazy how close you get.
What stunning photos!
So beautiful! love waterfalls but have never seen a really big one. I’ll have to add it to my list.
As a New Yorker, I’ve been many times but never tire of seeing their majesty. You’ve captured them beautifully, Jess! So glad you were able to experience them. Did you catch the other highlight of Niagara Falls…the wax museum? 🙂
Oooh there’s a wax museum. We missed that. We were on a tour group for this. We toured the falls, had a buffet lunch on site, did the boat tour, then traveled to the lookout point of Niagara Whirlpool and stopped in the small town Niagara on the Lake to bum around at shops and bistros for a bit. Ended the tour at Niagara College Vineyards where we had a wine tasting!!! So fun and a romantic day!
How beautiful! I really want to go….
I’ve been there twice, once as a child and once as an adult. I just love the adrenaline rush I get from the terrifying awe they inspire in me. Cool beans. 😉
Agreed! Magical and menacing.
I used to live only an hour from there. I would take visitors all the time. They are beautiful. I can almost hear them in your pictures.
Oh, what a fun thing to take visitors too any time you wanted. I bet they loved it!
I’m pretty fortunate because there are dozens of really cool waterfalls within a quick drive – but none of them are as massive as Niagara. I saw it once when I was a little kid, but don’t remember much. The view from inside the barrel wasn’t all that spectacular…
OMG you’re that little boy we learned about?! LOL
Fabulous! I have never been there, but would love to see those falls. Thanks for the pics. This is the ssecond blog with Niagara Falls today, and yesterday saw them on someone’s FB page…I t must be a sign!
Popular summer vacation spot I bet. It was pretty packed when we went and people were there from all over. We shared lunch with a couple from England!
Awesome! Did you get drenched? Is it cold there?
Um, Niagara Falls totally messed up my hair! LOL. Worth it!
Beautiful pictures! I want to see the falls some day.
I hope you do. They really were breathtaking. Plus you get to meet so many people from all over coming to one place to relax too. It’s fun and chatty.
[…] a week with my honey, and it was so beautiful and fun. Loved hanging out in the big city, seeing Niagara Falls, and trying Ice Wine for the first time! […]
[…] Vacations are a hit and necessary to my sanity. Learn about Toronto, Canada in Survives Vacation, No Scars and Niagara Falls Photo Blog. […]
[…] For the hustle and bustle of a big city, visit megacity Toronto! There’s the Eaton Centre, which is the largest shopping center ever! And there’s a Distillery District for the beer connoisseur. Plus the grounds of Casa Loma are incredible to daydream about. Not to mention, Niagara Falls! […]