In truth, I had contemplated joining ROW80 before, but after meeting the WONDERFUL Kait Nolan in person at the DFW Writers Conference, I just had to sign up!
Kait is one of those people you meet and instantly love. She is outgoing, funny, and genuine. She takes time to get to know people and I watched her do this so well, that twice she met someone who worked or lived something one of her current characters does. Now, she’s in contact with them for character research.
I think that says something about Kait. She’s interested in people’s stories, and she recognizes that everyone’s is different. Kait is the founder of A Round of Words in 80 Days, a goal setting system with weekly progress updates and a community of people who support you on your journey.
Needless to say, after listening to my goals and what had been my setbacks, Kait invited me to jump into ROW80 and get started. I am so very grateful that she did.
My ROW Goals for This Week are:
Blog Ahead! I’d like to have at least 5 blog posts written ahead to get me through the time I’ll be working on Fast Draft.
- Clean my room. As part of the preparation process for writing, I need to unearth the mound of transitional season clothing and other lost and found objects taking over my desk.
- Plot my novel. This doesn’t seem like a small feat, but I got some good workshopping done at DFW Con. Need this done before I can write the book.
- Finish reading Moon Over Madeline Island and Back to Madeline Island for my Book Club getaway to Madeline Island next week!
My Longterm ROW80 Goals:
- Blessings over Gratitude. I read this post by Ollin Morales and he got me thinking that my life could stand to use a little more positivity. I’m going to spend time over the next month journaling about blessings rather than just things I’m grateful for. Read Ollin’s post and you’ll see the difference. I hope by doing this, I can empower my inner writer and tell my inner editor to go drink a bottle of herself!
- Fast Draft! To get my butt in gear, I’m participating in Fast Draft. It’s a workshop where you write 20 pages/day for 2 weeks. I will attempt to get my first draft written during this time.
- Still Prepare for Blog Posts. I’m fortunate to have several writers interested in doing interviews with me, but that means I need to stay on track with their works, and prepare thought provoking questions for them. CJ West is featured this week! Stay tuned to see who’s next!
- Read. I’ve been reading a ton, but I’ve got about 7 books going at once now. *crosses eyes* I want to get back to my TBR Pile Challenge list and add a craft book in there as well. Thinking of starting with Story Engineering.
That’s my plan! I’m sure it’ll evolve as I get started, but I’m getting excited as the date draws closer for Fast Draft to begin.
How are your goals going this week?