First week check in for ROW80! Round 3 has begun. How are you all doing? If summer’s got you down, feeling like you’re behind in your goals or missing out on all the barbecues, check out my guest post at the ROW blog this week on balancing family and friends along with your writing. I titled it: I Love You. Forever. Now Get Lost! Go read it, you get to see a funny picture of me with my parents. They don’t know I posted it!!!
For all you ROWers, how well do you know our ROW founder, Kait Nolan? Test your Kait knowledge and learn even more in Kait’s fantasy revealing interview with me and about her single serving guilty pleasure! Both posts are filled with trademark Kait Nolan banter, you’ll love it!
And Now Back to Business:
- Finish First Draft of Women’s Fiction Piece – Write at least 4x week and complete 5-10 pages at least each day.
- Read On Writing by Stephen King– First book of my Catch up on Craft Initiative
- Read 2 Fiction Books a Month
- Prepare for Summer Vacation – Joe and I are planning a road trip out west in a month, so I will need to get blog post prepped ahead, stock up on sunscreen, do the laundry that is mounding in my closet, and corral all the camping gear up in the next weeks.
- Read Suze Orman’s Women and Money– I’s working on my savings!!! *jingles piggy bank*
- Be a Role Model and Cheerleader in my ROW80 Sponsor Role
How’d I do? Great! On the goals I worked on this week. I actually gave myself permission to enjoy summer for a few days and just catch up on reading and vacation planning (plus I knew I had some late nights at the day job, so this way they didn’t interfere). Therefore, no writing on the WIP, just blogging occurred.
But, I finished reading Blessings by Anna Quindlen and will get a review up soon. I made headway on the Janet Evanovich book too, and I did some research on the sites Joe and I are going to visit on our vacation in a few weeks. And oh yah, I went and visited blogs again!!! It was so nice chatting with all of you again!
This week it’s back to the grindstone. Blogging ahead, work on the WIP at least 4 days, and keep reading, reading, reading!
How are you guys doing?