I know, I know, I’ve been completely MIA in the blogosphere this season!
Forgive me. I work in retail. You won’t see me in full swing until January.
However, doesn’t mean I can’t play along with…
See the Full Holiday Yum Schedule – Tasty Treats You Won’t Want to Miss!
- On November 17th, Jenny Hansen kicked off the hop with her Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Meal. There are lots of great tips for folks who need to eat GF, including some sneaky foods to watch out for!
- On November 19th, I shared the salty-sweet, super-easy Spiced Pecans appetizer.
- Ellen M. Gregg has us all drooling with The Chocolatiest Chocolate Cake – Evah on Monday, November 26th.
- Jenny Hansen introduces us to her luscious Almond Roca, famed of song and story, on Wednesday, November 28th.
- Estee Lavitt shares her mouth-watering Baked Latkes on December 2nd, just in time for Chanukah!
- Natalie Hartford starts us off on a cookie binge with her fabulous French Lace Cookies on December 5th. Mais Oui.
- I’ll be back on Dec 10th with a Christmas cookie staple that’s yummy and versatile – butter spritz cookies.
- And if those last two posts aren’t enough “cookie” for you, Ellen M. Gregg will also be making her Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Sugar Cookies, along with Bulldog Punch, on December 14th.
- Natalie Hartford continues the yummy sweets with her favorite cheesecake recipe on December 17th.
- Jenny Hansen teaches us not to fear candy-making with her super-easy, super-yummy Holly Candy recipe on December 19th.
- Jess Witkins is still plotting and planning, so we will either be treated to a comfort food or appetizer recipe on December 23rd.
- On December 26th, I’ll be posting about my super-easy beef rib-eye roast with currant jelly brown gravy that I make every year for Christmas dinner. Hope my holiday guests don’t mind me taking more pics of the food than of them, LOL.
- And, finally, to help us ring in the New Year, Natalie Hartford will share some festive and delicious Mocktail recipes on December 28th!
On With the Food!!!
Today, I’m sharing a comfort food dish that I tried this year and loved! And working in retail, I’m all about the little comforts when I get home!
Here’s what my roommates said about the meal:
If you wanted to make this again, that’d be alright.
This is f#$@ing good!
But don’t take their word for it! Try it yourself!
Pumpkin Curry Chicken
Found in Simple and Delicious Magazine, Contributed by Aysha Schurman from Ammon, Idaho
2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 tsp. curry powder, divided
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup apple butter
1/2 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
1/3 cup chopped cashews, toasted
Minced fresh parsley
Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp. curry powder and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet; saute chicken for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in pumpkin, broth, raisins, apple butter, five-spice powder and remaining curry powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
Stir cashews into rice and serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
Blue Cheese Herb Bread
Found in Simple and Delicious Magazine, Contributed by Janet Allen from Sarasota, Florida
1 tube (12 oz.) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
2 tsp. dried minced parsley flakes
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. dried tarragon
1 tsp. minced chives
1/2 tsp. celery seed
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
Separate biscuits; cut each into quarters. Arrange into an 11 inch long loaf on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; brush over loaf.
Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Voila! Gourmet comfort food without all the fuss!
Cheers to you and yours this holiday season! May each of you celebrate with all those you love, and take a little comfort in some homemade treats!