Have you been reading the Movies Teach Us posts on Thoughts Appear? They are hilarious! The author, Thoughtsy, has been inviting her friends over to talk about lessons they learned from watching some of your favorite flicks.
Peg-o-leg talks about Romy and Michelle in What Happens After High School.
She’s a Maineiac blogged about the Breakfast Club with The Breakfast of Champions.
Go Jules Go blogged about Clueless’s Cher and Dion in Somebody Please Get a Clue.
and Misty’s Law blogged about The Princess Bride in As You Wish.
These fabulously funny ladies got me craving all kinds of flashback fun for this week’s guilty pleasure. And I hope they won’t mind me sharing a few of my own fave movies that teach.
- It is not ok to steal a candy bar at your job because you think your boss doesn’t pay you enough.
- Ben Stiller will never be an appropriate love interest.
- If you have something difficult to tell your parents, try acting it out with your friends first.
- The answer is pizza.
The Truth About Cats and Dogs
- If you really like a boy, it’s probably not a good idea to ask your model friend to pretend to be you.
- Pinching the tips of a dog’s ear will calm them down.
- Intimate phone conversations during bubble baths are the key to a man’s heart.
- The 90’s was when it was cool to love Courtney Love, and her band Hole, this is no longer true.
- If you’re going to a party at your cousin’s house, remember to bring the address!
- New Year’s Eve is magical, even if you smell like dog sh*t.
- If you are feeling sad and lonely, don’t spend your night watching Love Story.
Bed of Roses
- When a guy you barely know floods your apartment with sterling roses, it isn’t creepy in the slightest, it’s a grand romantic gesture.
- When you get a gift a flowers, put a little 7up in the water. It sounds funny, but it works.
- Scarlet’s Independent Love Song may be one of the best tunes in movie soundtrack history. Made even better by this awesome fan video…
- When seeking a soulmate, all that’s really important is someone who says ‘God Bless You’ when you sneeze.
- When making your singles profile tape, invite desired individuals to visit you in [Insert Your Name Here] Country. It’s more exotic.
- If you really want someone to know how much you care, give them the remote that connects to your garage door opener.
Those are some of my favorite films for life’s educational purposes.
What are some of yours?