So Kait Nolan tagged me to do a blog update on my current work in progress. My first thought, cool! My second thought, that means I have tell people what I’m working on – SCARY!
However, this summer I’ve been challenging myself to get outside my comfort zone. A few examples of progress so far:
-I quit my job of 6 years to save my soul without any back up plan financially.
-I am currently preparing for an upcoming trip with my parents wherein I play tour guide – Bring. It. On.
-Spend more time writing and researching writing things. I am immersing myself in satirical writing, stalking people for writing sprints at the hashtag #wordmongering, I pitched to an agent for the first time, joined up with a local writers group, and now have a writing partner to check in with – or as I call him the Ledge Whisperer. *waves hi to Gene*
1. What is the name of your current WIP?
2. Ready to do a cover reveal?
Not at all.
3. How many words are you into it?
A little over 33,000.
4. Goal word count by the end of the week?
5. Goal word count for the entire manuscript?
I’m thinking 50-60k would be normal for my genre.
6. What genre does your work in progress fall within?
Non-fiction: A collection of satirical essays.
7. When would you *like* to publish this project?
Before I Die.
8. Go to page 5 of your manuscript and pick a sentence at random to share with us!
My parents picked two days before Thanksgiving as the perfect time for me to get braces, and you can imagine how grateful I felt eating mashed potatoes and jello while everyone else went up for turkey dinner seconds.
9. Will this WIP turn into a series book?
Um, no. But I have a second and third book planned that do include me and reoccurring characters, so sort of yes.
10. What has been the hardest challenge in working on this WIP?
Knowing some days I only write crap. That, and the fact my family all wants pseudonyms.
11. What has been your favorite part of working on this WIP?
The fact that my family all wants pseudonyms. They’re so funny.
12. Any special treat planned for when you finish the final draft of your WIP?
Dinner out with my honey sounds nice.
Instead of tagging just three people, I’d love for all of you to share what your WIP status is. Tell me about the book you’re writing or reading! If you’re published, share a link to your book page so we can find you! Let’s make the comments a get to know each other/build that ‘to read pile’ frenzy!
Happy writing and reading, Friends!