Fall is my favorite season of the year. It’s one of the few things that make living in the Northern states worthwhile and putting up with snow – our autumn is completely and utterly GORGEOUS!
Let’s go enjoy it!
55 Things To Do in Fall
1. Make soup.
2. Decorate for Halloween
3. Drink apple cider.
4. Write a poem about the beauty of autumn.
5. Snuggle under the covers.
6. Visit a pumpkin patch.
8. Start reading a really thick book.
9. Learn to make a great cup of tea.
10. Deal with having to wear socks again.
11. Buy fun socks.
12. Watch monster movies.
13. Wear a cozy sweater.
14. Cheer for Football Season.
15. Carve pumpkins.
16. Drink red wine.
17. Go apple picking.
19. Rake your neighbor’s yard, invite them to jump in the leaf piles with you.
20. Make and then devour pumpkin bars.
21. Light a candle or 20.
22. Take a long, relaxing bath.
23. Delight in the absurd weather changes that allow for mittens and flip flops at the same time.
24. Go hiking and enjoy the fall colors.
25. Spider web your house…at your own risk.
26. Make leaf rubbings – use them as stationary.
27. Wear slippers on your day off.
28. Enjoy a mug of hot cocoa – and as many marshmallows as your heart desires.
29. Host a Halloween party.
31. Have a campfire.
32. Put flannel sheets on your bed.
33. Watch or read The Walking Dead.
35. Drink a pumpkin spice latte.
36. Have a Sunday Funday.
37. Marathon watch horror movies on AMC’s Fear Fest.
38. Participate in the wacky holidays.
- October 11th: Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day
- October 12th: Moment of Frustration Day
- October 14th: Be Bald and Free Day
- October 17th: Wear Something Gaudy Day
- October 21st: Count Your Buttons Day
- October 21st: National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
- October 25th: Punk for a Day Day
- October 29th: National Frankenstein Day
- October 30th: National Candy Corn Day
- October 31st: Increase Your Psychic Powers Day
39. Watch your favorite trilogies.
40. Keep warm with a steamy romance novel.
41. Hold a pint of beer with fingerless gloves.
42. Plan your Halloween costume.
44. Plan your Thanksgiving menu.
45. Try to avoid getting a cold.
46. Name your pumpkins.
Constantine, Goliath, and Niles.
Missing: Paco and Abendego
47. Experience the bizarre horror musical that is Repo!: The Genetic Opera.
48. Buy in-season vegetables. SQUASH!!!
49. Eat apple pie.
50. Go for a hayride.
51. Have a chili cook off.
52. Visit a haunted house, graveyard, or corn maze.
53. Hand out candy for Trick or Treat.
54. Spend time with family. No social media/phones/computers allowed.
55. Get Thankful with a gratitude journal.
What are your favorite things about fall season?