I’m dedicating this Throwback Thursday to all the ladies out there! 😉
When the going gets tough, you gotta have your girlfriends. Life has a way of throwing curveballs at us. I don’t know about you, but if I’m gonna take a hit to the head, I want my best girlfriend around to see it, pretend I did it on purpose, and tell every other joker in the place that it was the most badass thing she ever saw!
I’m fortunate to have a friend like that.
This is my bestie, Cat.
Cat just had a total curveball thrown at her. And that’s putting it mildly. She’s in a place of deep hurt right now, and I would love it if you would give her a little shout out in the comments! She’s the toughest, most talented, most vibrant, best dancer, so comforting, hardworking, sassy little latina I know! And I just love this woman immensely.
Please send your peace and healing thoughts her way!
And now for a walk down memory lane. Cuz it’s Throwback Thursday after all!
January of last year. Cat agreed to be a part of my last minute 80’s theme party. Clearly, no regrets there.
This is Cat and I pretending to be Oscar Girls at the 2012 Academy Awards. We are now forged eternally as “Sisters in Sequins.”
This is Cat on her wedding day. I was so honored to be the officiant for her and her husband.
This is Cat at Circus World in 2011. Yah, she’s the one who witnessed me smashing my face into an animal cage.
Here we are out for Halloween 2010. She was Amelia Earhardt and I was Mrs. Peacock.
THIS photo was captured on Cat’s birthday in July 2010 when we all went to see Little Kiss.
I believe the word you are searching for is…EPIC!
This is Easter 2010, when I was still very much in Corporate America and couldn’t take time off to go home for the holiday. Cat invited Joe and I, and her husband’s family, and the group of us made the best makeshift Easter brunch ever!
College. 2007. I had just crashed my car after having it about a month.
Cat and I had just become close friends.
Girlfriends. Gotta love them. Gotta have them.
Gotta lift each other up.
You’re the best, Cat P!
(made ya laugh, didn’t I?)
Who are the important girlfriends in your life? What makes them stand out?
How have you supported one another?
How can another week have possibly flown by again?! I’m losing my summer days much too quickly! This past week and the remainder of it has been CRAZY!
- Finish First Draft of Women’s Fiction Piece – Write at least 4x week and complete 4-10 pages at least each day.
- Read On Writing by Stephen King– First book of my Catch up on Craft Initiative
- Read 2 Fiction Books a Month
- Prepare for Summer Vacation – Joe and I are planning a road trip out west in 5 days, so I will need to get blog posts prepped ahead, stock up on sunscreen, do the laundry that is mounding in my closet, and corral all the camping gear up in the next weeks.
- Read Suze Orman’s Women and Money– I’s working on my savings!!! *jingles piggy bank*
- Be a Role Model and Cheerleader in my ROW80 Sponsor Role
The Progress (or Lack Thereof…)
- No writing on the WIP. I did however do SOME writing in my limited free hours to get blog posts prepped ahead AND exciting news: prepare the ceremony for my best friend’s wedding! Yep, you heard me right! Yours truly, is an ordained minister! I’ll be performing their wedding 5 days after I get back from vacation!
(Considering I made her cry when I read her what I’d written, I’d say I’m on the right track! Let’s just hope I don’t cry, or I’ll be dubbed the Blubbering Vicar of Wisconsin!)
- I started On Writing by Stephen King, but then it was due back at the library and I couldn’t renew it. So, I’ve decided to just go buy that one sometime this week!
- I did finish reading These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf and I loved it! So I definitely finished 3 books this month. I’m now starting American Rose and Girls in White Dresses, which you can see on Goodreads by clicking their images in the sidebar.
- In regards to preparing for summer vacation, that’s what I’ve been doing in most of my free time this week. I did laundry, am 85% packed, practiced setting up the tent with Joe, went grocery shopping, and made a trip to Madison, WI where I picked up a really nice camera from my brother so I can bring you all back some sweet photos from Yellowstone! (And oh yah, for those of you who think I’m accident prone, I made my own First Aid Kit!)
- No progress on the Suze Orman book. HOWEVER…This must go announced: I am officially DONE paying my student loans!!! I got my confirmation e-mail yesterday! Thanks to all of you who sent me congratulatory tweets!!!
- I’m of the opinion that one can always do more, so I will keep trying to get to more than just my assigned ROW blogs. I’m loving meeting all of you and am SO IMPRESSED with your tenacity and unyielding determination towards your goals. Keep it up, peeps!
How is your ROW week going?