Hello fellow ROWers and Writers!
I’ve got some exciting ROWmodels to showcase this week!
Kicking things up Charleston-style, is the lovely and talented Julie Glover who shares with us The Roaring Twenties and #ROW80. There’s a fabulous photo of Julie and her hubby getting ready for a 20’s themed party, which is my favorite period of history. And she shared with us some awesome hit films and books of the 20’s! But the reason Julie is truly awesome, and a ROWmodel this week, is her stellar dedication to her goals and follow through! Julie has been working on her novel, blogging consistently, even did some plotting work on a new project, and has been working out zumba style! Way to go, Julie! You’re my idol!
Also on this week’s ROWmodels Hall of Fame is Jeff Clough with There’s No Such Thing as Free Time. Jeff tells it like it is when it comes to the many hats a writer has to wear nowadays to be successful. There’s the actual writing cap, but what about all the work you do researching, editing, marketing, coding, designing, etc. We’re busy people! While he wasn’t working on as much writing this week, he made some headway on his reading goals and will have some web changes to look forward to so keep your eyes peeled!
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair…
Happy Halloween Everyone!
I hope we’re all getting to celebrate by dressing up, trick or treating, or handing out candy today! I’ll be in costume at work most of the day, but plan on watching scary movies all night tonight!
What’s your favorite scary movie?
In Honor of Halloween, Marcia Richards and I are announcing the winners of the Halloween Contest today!
Thank you to all those who submitted photos, commented, tweeted, and Facebooked the contest love! Marcia, Fabio, and I had so much fun with you all!
The Five Winners of the Kindlegraphed copies of Fabio Bueno’s new release, Wicked Sense are:
- Gene Lempp
- Rhonda Hopkins
- Natalie Hartford
- Diana Murdock
- Julie Glover (who submitted the winning photo of Halloween decorations “Ghost in the Attic”)
And the Grand Prize Winner of the Print Edition of Wicked Sense and Halloween Goody Bag is…
Congrats, Renee! Well deserved!
Thanks everyone for playing and to all the winners, enjoy Fabio’s new book! Marcia and I certainly did!
Last but not least, my ROW goals:
- Finished reading Wicked Sense and Little Bee this week. Started reading Olive Kitteridge and Football Sweetheart.
- Set up two future interviews for the blog! One that I’ll be doing and one I’m hosting!
- Participated in the WANA International class Good Fences, so I’ll be practicing my new buzzword “Boundaries” Sing it with me!
- Use my days off to blog ahead and/or (as time permits) plot and work on the WIP.
- Clean my room. The search for the missing pants continues!
Have a very happy Halloween Everyone!
Fall is my favorite time of year because it contains my three favorite holidays! Christmas, of course, is a time for gift giving and family get togethers. You may think I’m crazy, but I love wrapping presents! And Thanksgiving is very special to me as my family is related to two of the pilgrims that crossed over on the Mayflower. But Halloween is where it starts and this past weekend many of you may have held parties, attended parties, perhaps even entered a costume contest!
I’m here to remind you it’s not too late to enter Marcia Richards and my Halloween contest for The Redhots! Two redheads. Two opinions. Always keeping it interesting.
Recently, we interviewed Young Adult Paranormal writer, Fabio Bueno, about his new release, Wicked Sense. Fabio has graciously offered to giveaway not just one, but six copies of his book to six lucky winners who submit their favorite Halloween photos!
Oops, how’d my Rapunzel picture get in here?
Here’s what you need to know to enter:
1. There are three categories you can enter one time each:
- Costume – your best ever, be it scary, cute or funny
- Outdoor decorations – your scariest or most creative
- Party room decor – you can include your Halloween tablescape, your unique pumpkin carving, and your room decorations
2. Post your pictures, up to 3 only, at our Twitter hashtag: #TheRedHots or on our Facebook pages between October 19th and October 30th. The winners will be announced on Halloween!
3. For extra chances to win, you can choose to do the following:
- “Like” Marcia’s and my Facebook pages
- Tweet about the contest three times between the 19th and the 30th linking to our posts
- Subscribe to our blogs
- Grand prize will be an autographed print book by our indie author plus a Halloween Goody Bag.
- 5 bonus prizes of a Kindlegraphed ebook from the author
Happy Halloween, Everyone! And good luck! I’ll be watching for your photos!