ROW Check in!
The To Do List:
- Finish First Draft of Women’s Fiction Piece – Write at least 4x week and complete 4-10 pages at least each day.
- Read On Writing by Stephen King– First book of my Catch up on Craft Initiative
- Read 2 Fiction Books a Month– I have 3 books going right now, so I need to skedaddle!
- Prepare for Summer Vacation – Joe and I are planning a road trip out west in two weeks, so I will need to get blog posts prepped ahead, stock up on sunscreen, do the laundry that is mounding in my closet, and corral all the camping gear up in the next weeks.
- Read Suze Orman’s Women and Money– I’s working on my savings!!! *jingles piggy bank*
- Be a Role Model and Cheerleader in my ROW80 Sponsor Role
I’ll completely fess up that the whole page count goal and specific titles to read did not happen. Not for lack of want, but just other interferences. You might let me off the hook if I told you I led 4 full day trainings, made two trips out of town and worked a 15 hour day to complete a Fine Jewelry reticketing project. Basically when I got home, I ate and then fell asleep on the couch in my work clothes.
I promise to have new pages to show by the next check in. If I don’t, you have permission to publicly flog me.
What I Did Accomplish:
- I was reading! I finished both Blessings by Anna Quindlen and Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich. Got 2 entries in my library’s adult summer reading program! Made great headway on These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf and started American Rose by Karen Abbott!
- Also managed to cross off one more thing on the Summer Bucket List! Joe and I visited Niagara Cave in Harmony, Minnesota!
Look how excited I am!!!
Excuse me, your flow rock is invading my blog post…
- I am working on blogging ahead so when Joe and I are on vacation you won’t forget me! I’ll be able to read and comment from my phone easily enough, and with 5 hours in the car, I’ll have time to hit up more blogs, which means more ROW cheerleading!!!
- Other big news for the week is my fangirl dreams came true when New York Times Bestselling author Karen Abbott agreed to do an interview with me on my blog! I would love for you guys to pop over and meet her; she’s been fabulous to work with! Plus, she’s offering a FREE copy of her new book American Rose: A Nation Laid Bare: The Life and Times of Gypsy Rose Lee! Leave a comment here and enter to win!
Your turn! How have you kept busy this past week?