I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for spring. Really ready. Like I’m willing to try anything to MAKE it spring.
So conquer the unending winter blues with me!
Things To Do While It’s Still -22
1. Sleep in. Hibernate if possible.
2. Get cracking on your To Be Read Pile. Seriously, start reading!
3. Catch up on your Oscar Noms.
4. Make the most amazing Grilled Cheese ever (shared by Myndi Shafer).
5. Got some time to spare? Find out your Klout score (Jenny Hansen has the details).
6. Attend a local VDay event.
February – April is when countries around the world host VDay events to end violence against women and girls. Want to learn more or get involved? I guest blogged at The Indie Chicks with 5 Ways You Can End Violence Against Women and Girls. Please stop by and join the movement!
8. Start an Instagram account – see what people around the world are up to.
9. Make a mix cd. Use only songs with the word ‘sun’ in the lyrics.
10. Check out my pal Victoria’s new book, Dancing in the Fire, and her play by play reaction in gifs to being a published author – it’s priceless. 🙂
11. Build a blanket fort.
12. Write a letter to a loved one via snail mail.
13. Wear fleece pajamas; they will change your life.
14. Follow Women Writers Ink on Facebook for writing prompts and inspiration.
16. Go out to eat. But mind your manners.
17. Rent a TV series and watch every season. (It’s cold out, what else is there to do? I just picked up The Mindy Project.)
18. Take a day trip and explore a new town.
Joe and I spent this past Saturday exploring Winona, MN’s bookstores, music shops, and eateries.
19. Catch some winter sports on TV or hit the slopes yourself. Wear a muff. 😉
20. Freeze colored water in different shaped containers and build an ice sculpture.
21. Redecorate a room in your house. You have to be indoors anyway.
22. Wanna be naughty? Crank the heat up and watch a surf movie while wearing short sleeves. *gasp*
What other ideas do you have for surviving the Winter-pocalypse?
Last year I made a list of 51 Things to Do Before Summer’s Over. This year I thought, “Why wait?” Let’s get started on the fun when summer is just beginning!
52 Things to Do This Summer
1. Drink lots of Lemonade.
2. Plant flowers.
3. Sit in the grass. Have a picnic.
4. Clean out your closet. Donate what you don’t wear anymore.
5. Go for a bike ride.
6. Find a Little Free Library near you.
8. Make pudgy pies over the fire.
9. Host a movie Musical marathon of summer sing-a-longs: Mamma Mia, West Side Story, State Fair, Oklahoma…
10. Visit a cafe’ you’ve never been to before. Bring a friend!
12. Lounge with a loved one.
14. Seek summer scents – freshly mowed grass, fresh-picked herbs, going for a swim, grilling out.
15. Take a tour of a nearby brewery. Enjoy a pint!
17. Try paddle boarding.
18. Take a road trip.
20. Go stargazing.
21. Take a tour of someplace right in your hometown.
22. Start a journal. Or read an old one.
24. Attend an outdoor concert.
25. Walk places rather than drive whenever possible.
28. Read a book.
30. Draw with sidewalk chalk.
32. Let your hair air dry.
33. Practice taking the perfect peaceful selfie.
35. Paint a room in your house. Make it bold.
36. Read the latest issue of BookPage. Cover to cover.
37. And while you’re at it, add to or start a Goodreads account to keep track of all the books you’re going to read.
38. Make salsa with veggies from the garden or market.
39. Create a new smoothie.
41. Play frisbee in the park.
42. Launch fireworks.
43. Go antiquing or hit up a rummage sale.
45. Buy a handmade piece of jewelry from a vendor at a carnival.
46. Find a new piece of lawn art.
47. Switch to iced coffee.
48. Celebrate the unique summer holidays.
June 1st – Dare Day
June 4th – Hug Your Cat Day
June 6th – National Doughnut Day
June 14th – World Juggler’s Day
June 18th – Go Fishing Day
June 19th – World Sauntering Day
June 22nd – National Eclair Day
June 25th – Log Cabin Day
June 27th – Sunglasses Day
June 28th – Paul Bunyan Day
June 29th – Hug Holiday
49. Stop and smell the roses.
51. Attend BlogHer’14.
52. Reflect. And appreciate the little things.
What’s on your summer to do list?
*All photos are from my Instagram page. For more fun ideas of what to do this summer, follow me on Instagram! I always check out the pages of new followers. 🙂