Last year I made a list of 51 Things to Do Before Summer’s Over. This year I thought, “Why wait?” Let’s get started on the fun when summer is just beginning!
52 Things to Do This Summer
1. Drink lots of Lemonade.
2. Plant flowers.
3. Sit in the grass. Have a picnic.
4. Clean out your closet. Donate what you don’t wear anymore.
5. Go for a bike ride.
6. Find a Little Free Library near you.
8. Make pudgy pies over the fire.
9. Host a movie Musical marathon of summer sing-a-longs: Mamma Mia, West Side Story, State Fair, Oklahoma…
10. Visit a cafe’ you’ve never been to before. Bring a friend!
12. Lounge with a loved one.
14. Seek summer scents – freshly mowed grass, fresh-picked herbs, going for a swim, grilling out.
15. Take a tour of a nearby brewery. Enjoy a pint!
17. Try paddle boarding.
18. Take a road trip.
20. Go stargazing.
21. Take a tour of someplace right in your hometown.
22. Start a journal. Or read an old one.
24. Attend an outdoor concert.
25. Walk places rather than drive whenever possible.
28. Read a book.
30. Draw with sidewalk chalk.
32. Let your hair air dry.
33. Practice taking the perfect peaceful selfie.
35. Paint a room in your house. Make it bold.
36. Read the latest issue of BookPage. Cover to cover.
37. And while you’re at it, add to or start a Goodreads account to keep track of all the books you’re going to read.
38. Make salsa with veggies from the garden or market.
39. Create a new smoothie.
41. Play frisbee in the park.
42. Launch fireworks.
43. Go antiquing or hit up a rummage sale.
45. Buy a handmade piece of jewelry from a vendor at a carnival.
46. Find a new piece of lawn art.
47. Switch to iced coffee.
48. Celebrate the unique summer holidays.
June 1st – Dare Day
June 4th – Hug Your Cat Day
June 6th – National Doughnut Day
June 14th – World Juggler’s Day
June 18th – Go Fishing Day
June 19th – World Sauntering Day
June 22nd – National Eclair Day
June 25th – Log Cabin Day
June 27th – Sunglasses Day
June 28th – Paul Bunyan Day
June 29th – Hug Holiday
49. Stop and smell the roses.
51. Attend BlogHer’14.
52. Reflect. And appreciate the little things.
What’s on your summer to do list?
*All photos are from my Instagram page. For more fun ideas of what to do this summer, follow me on Instagram! I always check out the pages of new followers. 🙂